The Princeton Battlefield Society, a public 501(c)(3) national non-profit organization, is the Officially Recognized Friends Organization (ORFO) of the Princeton Battlefield State Park. We depend on partnerships, sponsorship, and donations from members, donors, and friends to help us protect, preserve, and promote American Revolutionary War history and the heritage of the Battle of Princeton. We encourage and appreciate tax-deductible donations, volunteer support, and participation, which contribute to our successes. Please consider supporting the Princeton Battlefield Society in any of these ways:
As a VOLUNTEER.
As we expand our educational and outreach programs/services, we continually need volunteers to donate time, skills, and interests. Whether at annual programs (Park Clean Up Day, Young Patriot’s Day, and Experience the Battle of Princeton), major fundraisers (the Mercer Oak Award Reception), community outreach events (Communiversity, Park activities and commemorations), and historic educational programs, volunteers are needed and welcomed. We match your interests and skills with our program and service needs. If interested, contact us by clicking on the icon below. Someone from the Princeton Battlefield Society will contact you.
As a MEMBER
Members are partners and friends who annually make donations to support the operational and organizational aspects of our mission-responsive and growth-oriented organization. Since 1971, they have been the backbone of our organization. Our Membership Campaign is planned annually (January – April), but anyone may join us at any time of the year. Member levels:
- 1777 Circle of Patriots ($1,777 or more)
- General George Washington ($1000)
- General Hugh Mercer ($500)
- Continental Line ($250)
- Militia ($100)
- Revolutionary ($50)
- Member ($25)
Consider asking your employer for a matching donation.
As a DONOR
Donors support specific programs and activities or generally support our annual needs. For example, you may support restricted programs such as:
- The Clarke House Fund – The house is the only remaining structure from the Battle of Princeton. However, age and weather are taking a toll on this home of Thomas Clarke, a Quaker farmer. Your donation adds you to our list of stewards of this historic property and is used to fund necessary repairs, re-painting, and major capital expenses.
- The History & Heritage Fund – Our goal is to develop the historic Clarke House as a first-class, living history museum of the American Revolution. Your donation allows us to plan and develop educational exhibits and displays that tell the human history of America’s Revolution, involve visitors, and contribute to making the museum a destination point for historic tourism.
You may also consider an unrestricted donation for us to use in the best way possible to advance our mission.
Consider asking your employer to match your donation or donating in honor or in memory of someone.
As a PARTICIPANT
We plan events and programs throughout the year that highlight our educational and historic missions. We invite you to join us. Add your name and contact information to our “notification list” so we can keep you informed of all upcoming events and programs.
As a SPONSOR OR UNDERWRITER
Throughout the year we plan major events to benefit our communities’ historic traditions and the quality of life for residents, such as Young Patriots Day, Experience the Battle of Princeton, our Battlefield Tour Program, community outreach and commemoration events, as well as educational materials. We submit grant proposals and sponsor requests to companies, foundations, organizations, and individuals to help as underwriters or sponsors. We are eager to speak with you about these opportunities.
If you believe your employer or your organization would be interested in supporting a community program or Park event, or in providing gifts- and services-in-kind, please let us hear from you - - email@example.com.