Twelve ways to volunteer
- Historical Interpretive Tours - We will train you to give 45 minute tours of the Princeton Battlefield. You will enjoy learning about the battle, and have a great time with visitors to the battlefield
- School Tours - There is nothing more fun that giving tours to groups of kids. They ask some great questions (and some funny ones too)
- Event Planning - We have a great time planning events for visitors and neighbors. Also learn Team building skills like planning, organizing, logistics, and promoting
- Event Support Sounds like drudgery, but actually, it is a lot of fun! The planning all coming together, the anticipation...enjoy the camaraderie setting up for programs, meeting re-enactors, authors, and talk about history
- Event Staffing Our events are filled with interesting people. Enjoy talking about what happened on these historic grounds, explain historical events, encourage citizens and other neighbors to join the society, sell merchandise, and take great photos!
- Write Articles for Society NewsletterExplore that inner writer in you. Report on society events, write book reviews, interview authors and VIPs
- Social Media Support - Having fun reaching out via facebook, twitter and online promoting society activities and interacting with other groups
- Office Work Sometimes we just need to reach out the old fashioned way...fold newsletters, write letters, make phone calls, or some data entry work. Good college resume stuff.
- Community Outreach Talking to our neighbors, delivering flyers and posters, giving talks at senior centers...there are so many possibilities!
- Archaeologic Volunteer Work with professionals researching the site
- Site Clean Up This can be so much fun, and rewarding. Cleaning out brush, painting, organizing the barn, always so much to do
- Real Time Tour Usher guests, collect donations and membership registrations during the annual Real Time Tour of the Battle of Princeton.