Visit The Princeton Battlefield
- Be inspired as you stand on the battlefield and envision George Washington, Alexander Hamilton, and Hugh Mercer in the historic battle that determined the future of the United States.
- Pay homage to fallen soldiers at the grave marker for unknown soldiers.
- Learn about the Battle of Princeton and colonial life at The Clarke House.
- See the current Mercer Oak and the iconic Colonnade.
- Enjoy a picnic in the beautiful surrounding.
The Princeton Battlefield is a New Jersey State Park.
It is open year-round from sunrise to sunset and is free of charge.
While you are visiting the Princeton Battlefield State Park... you should also visit all of historic sites in the Ten Crucial Days Historic District including the town of Princeton, the capital city of Trenton, Morven Museum and Gardens, the parks at Washington Crossing, the Old Barracks Museum, The 1719 William Trent House, and much more.
Getting to Princeton
The Princeton Battlefield State Park is located less than two miles from historic downtown Princeton, New Jersey; about 50 miles from either New York or Philadelphia. Princeton is easily accessible by trains, planes or automobiles. Complimentary parking is available on-site. Along with the battlefield state park, the Ten Crucial Days Historic District has many other historic sites, shopping, hotels, fine dining and entertainment.
- Click here to links to trains, planes, maps, shopping, and much, much more!
- Need a hotel or Bed & Breakfast? Click here.
- From Philadelphia via I-95 North, at the intersection with I-276 (PA Turnpike) continue on I-295 E toward Trenton. After crossing into New Jersey on I-295E, continue for approximately 8.5 miles and then take exit 68A for Princeton Pike-North. Proceed along Princeton Pike 3.8 miles north to turn right into the battlefield grounds towards the Clarke House parking.
- From North Jersey via Rt. 206, follow Rt. 206 South to Princeton, continuing on Rt. 206 south, by turning right onto Stockton St with the Battle of Princeton Monument on your right. Just past Morven, at the next light (0.2 miles), turn left onto Library Place. At the end of Library Place, turn right onto Mercer St. Drive 1.1 miles to turn left into the battlefield grounds toward the Clarke House.
- From New York City via the NJ Turnpike, take the NJ Turnpike South to Exit 9 to merge onto NJ-18 N toward "US 1/New Brunswick" and use the right lane to merge onto US-1 S via the ramp to "Trenton/Princeton". Drive 18.4 miles to "Alexander Rd W" exit toward Princeton. Drive 1.7 miles to turn left onto Mercer St. Drive 1.3 miles to turn left into the battlefield grounds toward the Clarke House.
- From South Jersey via I-295 North, follow road until just after just after the exit for Rt.1 and take exit 68A for the “Princeton Pike-North”. Drive 3.7 miles to turn right into the battlefield grounds toward the Clarke House parking.